Research to match capital cities and countries, mark places on a map, plan a route.
Accurate placing of cities on a map, finding the best path to take.
- Blank map of the world
- The following sites include templates which you can print off for this game.
- Free World Maps: http://www.free-world-maps.com/printable-white-transparent-political-blank-world-map-c3
- Macs Stuff: http://macsstuff.net/photobov/blank-world-maps-with-countries
- List of capital cities (included below)
To work out the best path for Santa to take on Christmas Eve.
- Students use their blank map and mark to mark all of the capital cities that Santa has to visit (cities listed below).
- They then work out the best path for Santa to take making sure he visits all of the cities.
Capital cities Santa needs to visit:
- Kuala Lumpur
- Port Moresby
- Ensure Santa is at each of the cities during night time so he doesn’t get seen. Where and at what time would he have to start his journey? Where and at what time would he finish his journey? Taking into consideration time differences.
- Work out the distance travelled.