The focus of this activity is to discover what students know shapes, including their features and properties. What language are students using to describe and sort shapes? How can we as teachers help students increase their shape vocabulary?
- Use materials to create 2D shapes
- Identify 2D shapes and 3D objects
- Use everyday language to describe features of shapes
- Sort 2D shapes and 3D objects
- Justify reason for classifying different shapes
Sort, describe and name familiar two-dimensional shapes in the environment (ACMMG009)