Multiply and divide integers and decimal fractions by 10, 100 and 1000.
Improved fluency in mentally multiplying and dividing numbers by 10, 100 and 1000.
- 2 x ten-sided dice
- 1 x six-sided dice
- ‘Power of Ten’ dice conversion chart (available in PDF download below)
To be the first team with all members sitting down.
This game is to be played in two equal teams.
- All students start the game standing up. The teacher rolls the ten-sided dice to give the number (e.g. ‘8’) and then the six-sided dice to give the operation (as per conversion chart – e.g. rolls a ‘5’ which gives a ‘÷ 100’ operation).
- Starting with a member of Team 1, each student must complete the given Power of Ten operation correctly. In the above example, the student selected must answer ‘0.08’, as this is the answer to ‘8 ÷ 100’. Once they have answered correctly, they may sit down.
- This game is to be played quietly, each chosen student answering the question on their own. If there is calling out, a member of that team must stand up again.
- First team to have all members sitting down is the winner!