Adding ‘make ten’ numbers.
Automatic recall of tens number facts (‘friends of ten’).
- Pack of cards
To collect the most cards by adding pairs which equal 10.
This game is to be played in pairs or small groups.
- Lay out 16 cards face up.
- Players take turns to find and collect a pair of cards that add to 10.
- Replace cards taken with cards from the deck.
- Continue playing until all possible ‘friends of ten’ have been picked up.
- Winner is the player who has collected the most 10s (or the most cards in total).
- Change the number that the players aim to make e.g. make ‘friends of 17’.
- Different players in the same game could have different totals to make, e.g. Player 1 aims to make ‘friends of 15’ while Player 2 aims to make ‘friends of 9’.
- Collect 3 cards rather than card pairs to total your number.
- Lay out 25 cards and use ‘BODMAS’ and up to 4 cards to find two digit numbers.