War is usually played with a pack of cards (e.g. http://www.bicyclecards.com/how-to-play/war/). This version can be played with dominoes.
Compare fraction values.
Accurate identification of the larger fraction.
- Sets of dominoes
To collect the most dominoes.
This game should be played in pairs, with a set of dominoes for each pair.
- Share all the dominoes between the two players, placing them face down.
- Each player must choose one of their dominoes and place it face up in the centre.
- Compare both dominoes as a fraction, with the lower number as the numerator and the higher number as the denominator, e.g.
- The player with the higher value fraction keeps both dominoes.
- If the fractions are equivalent, each player chooses another domino to place in the centre. The player with the higher value fraction takes all the dominoes in the centre.
- Continue playing the game until one player owns all the dominoes. This player wins the game.
Instead of playing the game until one player owns all the dominoes, apply a time limit to the game. At the end of the time limit, the player with the most dominoes wins.