Use knowledge of number facts to find the total value of the cards collected.
Using and explaining strategies, such as making tens or skip counting, to find the total value of the cards collected.
To collect a higher total than your opponent.
- A pack of cards (with face cards removed)
- One Joker card
- This game is played with two players.
- Cards are set up in a 5 × 5 grid with the Joker card in the middle.
- Players take turns at selecting a card (following the instructions).
- The player with the highest overall total at the end of the game is the winner.
For more of a challenge, use the black cards as positive values and the red cards as negative values. The object is still to collect a higher total than your opponent.
Detailed instructions can be found in the PDF.