- We are learning to place decimals and fractions on a number line
- We are learning the connections between decimals and fractions
- We are learning that there are many ways to write the same numbers
- We are learning to recognise, interpret and model fractions and decimals
- Model and represent unit fractions including 1/2, 1/4, 1/3, 1/5 and their multiples to a complete whole (ACMNA058)
- Count by quarters halves and thirds, including with mixed numerals. Locate and represent these fractions on a number line (ACMNA078)
- Recognise that the place value system can be extended to tenths and hundredths. Make connections between fractions and decimal notation (ACMNA079)
At the end of this lesson students should be able to answer the following questions
- Are fractions and decimals the same or different?
- When do we use fractions?
- When do we use decimals?
- Why do we need both?
For more information, please download the attached lesson plan.