- To investigate odd and even numbers
- Represent and solve simple addition and subtraction problems using a range of strategies including counting on, partitioning and rearranging parts (ACMNA015)
- Solve simple addition and subtraction problems using a range of efficient mental and written strategies (ACMNA030)
- Investigate the conditions required for a number to be odd or even and identify odd and even numbers (ACMNA051)
At the end of this lesson students should be able to answer the following questions
- What does it mean if a number is odd or even?
- How can you work out if a number is odd or even?
- What did you learn today about odd and even numbers?
- Can you think of a “rule” to decide if a number is odd or even?
For more information, please download the attached lesson plan.