Age Range: All
Author: Cassandra Lowry
As a parent your role is not to replace the teacher. You are a key role model in your child’s life and your aim should be to support your child, so they see the value of learning.
Here are some simple tips to help you get started:
- Avoid telling your child you ‘hate maths’ or ‘maths is not important’
- Ask questions to help promote your child’s thinking
- Remember it’s ok to not know something – investigate unfamiliar topics together
- If the activity seems boring – change it
- Play games, mix things up and enjoy the learning
More general tips and advice for parents to support their children can be found in the link below.
Links and Resources: